What We Do
Blessed Births offers the following for you:
The full scope of maternity care services, including prenatal, laboratory, diagnostic, ultrasound, labor/delivery, postpartum and neonatal care.
Our experienced personnel ready to provide you with individual and loving care include one or more of the following: Licensed Midwife, Nurse Midwife, Registered Nurse, Doula, Lactation Specialist, Childbirth Educator
The choice of one of our two comfortable birthing rooms which feature the options of a water birth, birthing stool, and birthing ball.
If you are interested in seeing our birthing center please contact us 864.233.5513 or click here: birthing center tour
Monthly Prenatal Visits
Monthly prenatal visits for both mother and her support person(s) to include siblings of the anticipated arrival. Bi-monthly visits begin at 32 weeks and weekly visits begin at 37weeks. During each of these visits a thorough evaluation is made to ensure that mother and baby are indeed low risk and appropriate for an out of hospital birth. When appropriate if an issue arises during pregnancy we will then refer you to one of our physicians in consult who would then take care of your health care needs.
Childbirth classes taught on-site with a birth center philosophy approach.
Nutritional and Dietary Counseling
Nutritional and dietary counseling to support the full health potential and well being of mother and baby.
Ask yourself if these elements are important to you:
- Having a safe and peaceful alternative to hospital childbirth procedures.
- Being given a choice as to how and where your child will be born.
- Having your birthing experience unfold naturally without time pressures, shift changes, noise, strangers and confusion.
- Being allowed to eat, drink and walk around freely during labor as well as being able to change positions during the pushing stage.
- Being cared for by the same dedicated care provider before, during and after your birth.
- Knowing that should a complication arise your care can be seamlessly transferred to the hospital that is less than a mile from our facility.
- You value a natural, supportive, peaceful, family centered environment.